When a massive increase of travel to the surface of Ceti Alpha V leads Starfleet to investigate, the Sarcophagus appears to maintain the secrets on the planet's surface. Take down the Klingon flagship and investigate the mystery of this barren sand heap.
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 BONUS Ships
- 5 Event Rewards
- 6 Storyline
- 7 References
Barren Heat was a Skirmish Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, July 11, 2019 and ending 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, July 15, 2019 . Players can complete groups of Space Battles to receive Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest VP bonuses to skirmish battles.
All characters below give a lesser VP bonus to skirmish battles.
These ships have an additional boost to their Hull
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Ceti Alpha V has seen more visitors in the past month than it has in a century and this arouses suspicion within Starfleet. 
- Cadet Wesley Crusher: "Captain, thanks for answering my hails. You're probably not going to believe this, but the Sarcophagus has appeared just above Ceti Alpha V. We were sent here after Starfleet noticed an uptick in travel to the planet's surface. I mean, it's an abandoned sand heap."
- Cadet Wesley Crusher: "What are they hiding down there? And this Sarcophagus is an upgrade from its original form. The weapons, the shields, everything is far more powerful than ever before. Whoever's piloting it has already destroyed several Starfleet vessels."
- Jodmos: "If you're taking on the Sarcophagus, then show no mercy! Do not stay your hand for a second, historic vessel or not!"
- Wrathful Kirk: "Yes, give them hell! If the Klingons want to dig around on Ceti Alpha V, then strand them there!"
- Wrathful Kirk: "Damn, these Klingons don't give up, do they? At least your assault managed to buy the other damaged vessels some time and we've managed to beam the injured aboard other vessels for aid."
- Jodmos: "This is not the Empire's work! They would never allow a relic like the Sarcophagus to end up on a crusty rock like this! On that note, they expect the Sarcophagus returned to them--or whatever remains once you've finished bringing down the petaQ who stole it!"
- Choice A
- Captain: "If the Empire is uninvolved, then why is a Klingon vessel here?"
- Jodmos: "The empire is as god as its word, but for your information, the Sarcophagus was stolen from its place of reverence several weeks ago. If this is the work of other Klingons, it is not at the behest of the Empire itself."
- Choice B
- Captain: "Who else could be piloting the Sarcophagus?"
- : "
- Choice C
- Captain: "What else do we know about what's going on on the surface?"
- : "
- Cadet Wesley Crusher: "The Sarcophagus is gearing up for another assault. Captain, we could use your help to bring the culprint in once and for all!"
- : "
- : "
- : "
- : "