Crew play an important role in Star Trek Timelines. Crew are assigned to away missions or placed in battle stations on ships. Each mission begins with players selecting crew for an ship combat or away team, with different crew being better suited for different situations.
To successfully complete an away mission, chosen crew members will need to meet certain skill requirements, Security, for example. Skills can be improved by using training programs, adding, or fusing crew members with extra copies of themselves. Crew also have inherent attributes called traits. For example, Defiant Commander Worf has the Klingon, Federation, Starfleet, Duelist, and Tactician traits. Certain traits may provide a bonus or may even be required in specific away mission nodes.
Due to the temporal anomaly, central to the story of Star Trek Timelines, there are multiple versions of some characters. For example, there are currently fourteen versions of Janeway in the game: Kathryn Janeway, Rifle Janeway, Captain Janeway, Mirror Janeway, Warship Janeway, Admiral Janeway, Agent Janeway, Arachnia Janeway, Assimilated Janeway, Determined Janeway, Evolved Janeway, Katrine, Klingon Janeway, and Lucille Davenport. Each version of a character may have a completely different set of skills, traits, or ship abilities.
Many new crew members have been added since the game's release; sometimes new crew are introduced with an event.
- 1 Crew Abilities
- 2 Crew advancement
- 3 Crew Capacity
- 4 Crew Members and Characters
- 5 References
Crew members have three types of abilities they use during gameplay:
- Away Team Skills (Skills) - Used in Away Team missions, Shuttle missions, and the Gauntlet
- Passive Ship Stat Bonuses - Silently provide moderate bonuses to ship combat for its entire duration
- Battle Station Boosts - User triggered, limited time, powerful ship combat bonuses
The set of abilities for a specific crew member version is the same for all players; for example, Captain Kirk always has Command, Diplomacy, & Security Away Team skills, while Enterprise-D Picard always has Command, Diplomacy, and Science.
Away Team Skills
Each crew member is proficient in one to three Away Team skills:
Passive Ship Stat Bonuses
When a crew member is equipped in a ship's Battle Station, they provide one to four Passive Bonuses. Every crew member has at least one passive bonus, some have all four.
- Crit Rating
- Crit Bonus
Battle Station Boosts
There are three Battle Station Boosts:
A crew member will have a single boost, however for game balance, there is sometimes a negative affect on second area. Security Chief Worf has Accuracy +4, but Evasion -2.
Power & levels
How powerful a crew member's abilities are is determined by the following factors:
- Crew Level - 1 to 100
- Rarity - Common to Legendary, representing the maximum number of stars available to the crew
- Star Rating - how many stars are actually filled
- Equipped Items
- The starbase level of the player's fleet.
|What affects each crew ability|
|Away Team Skills||x||x||x||x||x|
|Passive Ship Stat Bonuses||x||x|
|Battle Station Boosts||x|
A crew member's level increases as they gain experience, either by participating in missions or using the Train button in the Crew screen. Every ten levels, the crew needs to have equipped all four items before they can gain more experience. Note: Crew member level / experience is not affected by the captain's (player's) level / experience.
Crew members of Uncommon or higher rarity (2+ stars) require duplicate (identical) crew members to be fused to increase their star rating. Note that only identical versions of the same character may be fused; for example, Promoted Sisko and Captain Sisko may not be fused together. (See Tuvix, The Duras Sisters, Bynars or Evolved Janeway as exceptions.)
For more info, please refer to the Crew Progression page.
One of the best ways to increase crew skill is to equip items. Each item can be either found (in a specific mission) or built (from components). Tap on each of the four item slots to see where each item can be found or how it can be built (see next section).
Once all four items are equipped, the character can be advanced which increases the level cap by 10 and resets the equipment slots.
Some items that a crew character needs to equip must be built. Tapping on the Build button shows the required components in order to build the item. Tapping on each component will show the mission(s) where each component may drop.
There is a limit to the number of crew players may have active at a time. If all crew slots are full, an active crew member must be dismissed before new crew member can be added.
Immortalized crew members (level 100, fully fused/max stars, all equipment) are stored in the Cryostasis Vault when dismissed and can be retrieved in the future when there are crew slots available.
You may still be able to get crew from the Time Portal above your capacity; however you will not be able to use, train, or equip items to those crew. Such crew will also be automatically dismissed if you are not at or below capacity within 7 days.
Note that locked crew may still be fused as long as one copy of the crewman is unlocked.
A person can unlock more crew slots from:
- Purchasing crew slots directly for  then 
- Or indirectly by accumulating VIP Levels from the purchase of
As of Aug 9, 2019, there are a maximum of 605 crew slots.
The tables below shows how many crew slots you may gain from both methods.
Players can dismiss crew that they no longer want or need. This is a permanent process, except for crew who have been immortalized in the Cryostasis Vault (i.e., level 100, fully fused, and fully equipped). Players will receive Honor (based on rarity) for dismissing crew which can be used to purchase items in the Honor Hall.
It should be noted that some mission nodes cannot be unlocked without a certain character trait. This should be considered before dismissing crew.
- 2017-12-21 until 2018-01-03: 50% off sale 
- 2018-05-29: 5 free crew slots, bringing base total to 70. 
- 2018-05-29: 5 more tiers of purchasable crew slots, for a total of 48 purchasable tiers. 
- 2018-05-29 until 2018-06-05: 50% off sale 
- 2018-09-05: 5 free crew slots, bringing base total to 75. 
- 2018-09-05: 5 more tiers of purchasable crew slots, for a total of 53 purchasable tiers (265 purchasable crew slots).
- 2018-09-05 until 2018-09-11: 50% off sale. 
- 2019-01-14: 5 free crew slots, bringing base total to 80. 
- 2019-01-14: 5 more tiers of purchasable crew slots, for a total of 58 purchasable tiers (290 purchasable crew slots). 
- 2019-01-14 until 2019-01-22: 50% off sale extended. 
Crew Members and Characters
These are the top level characters for quick access to specific versions of crew members.
- "Not able to equip/build an item you believe you have? Workaround here (Sticky please)" https://www.disruptorbeam.com/forums/stt/viewthread/47737/