A New Lease
B-4 reappears, intending to follow his brother, Data, into Starfleet... and lead the way for the Borg while he's at it! Has B-4 come to these conclusions on his own, or is there a puppetmaster at work?
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 Event Rewards
- 5 Faction Missions
- 6 Storyline
- 7 Notes
- 8 References
A New Lease is a Faction Event beginning Thursday, January 10, 2018 and ending Monday, January 14, 2018. Players can complete shuttle missions for the Federation, the Klingon Empire, or the Romulan Star Empire. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions.
All characters below give a bonus to faction missions.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
A version of B-4 with advanced intelligence emerges in the Alpha Quadrant, and reveals his intentions to join Starfleet like his other “brother,” Data. He also advocates for Borg severed from the Collective to join! 
- B-4: "In conclusion, I think that, like my brother, I could be a valuable asset to Starfleet, but I am not alone. By opening your ranks readily to other androids and Borg drones, you are giving yourselves a chance to utilize our vast knowledge and abilities to further your mission."
- Liaison Torres: "Borg drones? He might as well have asked why we don't do recruiting campaigns in the Neutral Zone! It's strange enough that a barely functional android has managed to find his way to finishing school, but he's advocating for the Borg?"
- Subcommander T'Rul: "Rest assured, there is little interest in joining your organization among the Romulans either. However, the Borg making any plays at attaching itself to a group like Starfleet are troubling to say the least. The Tal'Shiar have already launched their own investigation."
- Liaison Torres: "As has the Klingon Empire. No one's comfortable with the possibility of the Borg infiltrating Starfleet, but there's got to be more to the story. Why would B-4 seek out the Borg, or vice-versa?"
- Subcommander T'Rul: "It appears a potential culprit has been apprehended. An identical android by the name of Lore. Is he a friend of yours, Captain? He asked for you specifically and refuses to speak to anyone else."
- Lore: "Captain, I'm positively flabbergasted. B-4's out there shilling for the Borg, and yet you spend all this time hunting me? Is this what your ancestors called being frenemies?"
- Lore: "You caught me, so I'll admit, I did speed up B-4's processors, made a few upgrades. But I was not the one who connected him with the Borg. No, B-4 did that himself."
- Lore: "That's a tough crowd to run with, the Borg. The fact that they can't easily assimilate him is probably his only saving grace, but that won't keep him safe forever. Someone should help him out. As for me, I'm going to enjoy not being the black sheep of the family for once."