Advance Directive is the second Skirmish Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, August 16, 2018 and ending 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, August 20, 2018. Players can complete groups of Space Battles to receive Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest VP bonuses to skirmish battles.
All characters below give a lesser VP bonus to skirmish battles.
These ships have an additional boost to their Hull
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Horrified by Ru’afo’s plan, Federation authorities have come up with what they believe is the only solution: the Jem’Hadar’s dependency on ketracel-white must be eliminated so that they will not only be freed from the desire for vengeance, but also free to choose their own masters, whether that’s the Dominion, the Son’a, or no one. Unfortunately, Ru’afo has caught wind of this plan, and directed his Jem’Hadar forces to attack the laboratories working feverishly towards a cure. Fight off the Jem’Hadar fleet so that this precious research can continue! 
- Reverend Phlox: "To think that we might find ourselves in such galactic upheaval once more. The leader of the Son'a says he intends to use the chains of addiction to enslave us all, as it already has swallowed the Jem'Hadar."
- Reverend Phlox: "We must keep our minds and spirits strong. I prefer to think that neither the citizens of the Federation nor the Dominion would be taken in by Ru'afo's mechanations."
- Reverend Phlox: "The brightest minds within the Federation are seeking guidance and wisdom to find a cure from addiction to ketracel-white for any who might become ensnared by its lures as we speak."
- Reverend Phlox: "But there are dark forces desperate to stop them. For those who seek aid, divine or interstellar, Captain, I believe you may be just the guardian angel they seek."
- Yelgrun: "Captain, I must admit I'm impressed. You've managed to keep the Jem'Hadar at bay so far. Do you think you can manage to keep this up long enough for your scientists to learn anything of use, however long that might take?"
- Yelgrun: "Oh, don't misunderstand me. Faith in the skill of your scientists might not be in generous supply, but the Dominion is fully committed to working with the Federation. Losing the one proverbial leash we had on the Jem'Hadar might not seem to be in our best interests..."
- Choice A
- Captain: "How do we know we can really trust you?"
- Yelgrun: "How cruel... honestly, Captain, do you think any intelligent member of the Dominion would want to be forced into a life of enslavement to ketracel-white? If nothing else, we share a common dilemma."
- Choice B
- Captain: "But if the Jem'Hadar are cured, you won't be able to control them."
- : "
- Choice C
- Captain: "The Son'a were your allies, why did they turn on you?"
- Yelgrun: "Hard to say. It seems loyalty is in short supply on this side of the galaxy."
- Yelgrun: "I am sure the Founders are observing you with great interest, Captain. To have such divine attention is truly a rare gift. I expect you and those scientists not to squander it."
- Yelgrun: "In spite of my misgivings, the Founders were right to place their faith in you and the Federation, Captain. It appears that a cure has in fact been found for the deficiency that creates the need for ketracel-white in the Jem'Hadar's bodies."
- Reverend Phlox "Indeed. The body is a temple, and the Jem'Hadar's bodies have become free from the chains of addiction to ketracel-white. Now they too have been blessed with the gift of free will and the future is theirs to decide."
- Yelgrun: "Heh, your naivete is astounding. Do you really believe that just because the Jem'Hadar no longer need ketracel-white, they won't still come back to the Dominion? I certainly hope you didn't think they would willingly turn to the Federation."
- Reverend Phlox: "I thought nothing more or less than of the opportunity to embrace free will that the Jem'Hadar have finally been given. What they do next is up to them."