Beyond the Veil
Having recently arrived via a temporal anomaly, a young Jean-Luc Picard finds himself inside Romulan territory. He is attempting to escape, but with a D'deridex-class Warbird in hot pursuit, he is in dire need of help!
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 BONUS Ships
- 5 Event Rewards
- 6 Storyline
- 7 References
Beyond the Veil was a Skirmish Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) Thursday, February 6, 2020 and ending 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) Monday, February 10, 2020. Players completed groups of Space Battles to receive Victory Points, which unlocked Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest VP bonuses to skirmish battles.
All characters below give a lesser VP bonus to skirmish battles.
- Crew with the Astrophysicist trait
These ships have an additional boost to their Hull
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
You’re hailed by a young (and very confused) Jean-Luc Picard. Having just arrived via the temporal anomaly, he has no idea where he is — or the danger he’s landed himself in as his shuttlecraft drops out of warp inside the Neutral Zone! And with a D’deridex-class warbird closing in, he hasn’t got much time! 
- Young Picard: "This is Cadet Jean-Luc Picard. My navigational equipment is heavily damaged and I'm not sure where I am, though if my calculations are accurate, I believe I've landed in the Romulan Neutral Zone. I am requesting assistance from any nearby Federation vessels."
- Paul Stubbs: "He's not in the Neutral Zone--he's landed himself squarely in Romulan territory! Looks like our little gamma measuring expedition will have to take a backseat for the moment."
- Safecracker Nog: "Capt--I mean, Jean-Luc, Doctor Stubbs is sending you a course that should get you safely back into Federation space. The Captain is nearby waiting to escort you back to the Academy. Just stay calm."
- Twilight T'Pol: "Captain, you need to act quickly. A D'deridex-class Warbird is rapidly approaching Picard's vessel and I highly doubt they have come alone."
- Young Picard: "That was close. Thank you for your help, Captain. I've heard Romulans were territorial, but to think they'd attack a lone shuttlecraft just for being at the edge of their space? I heard someone mention 'temporal anomalies'. Have I travelled through time then? What year is this?"
- Safecracker Nog: "You've landed almost fifty years in the future. You should be happy--you've just missed a major quadrant-wide war."
- Young Picard: "A war? But that would mean I've missed all the action, yes? I don't suppose you all have a way of getting me home? I've missed entire decades...? Would anyone care to fill me in on the most important things I've missed?"
- Choice A:
- Captain: "We've made contact with the Gamma Quadrant's dominant power, the Dominion."
- Safecracker Nog: "The Dominion is run by the Founders. They're liquid, but they can shapeshift into just about anything. For all you know, one of us could be a Changeling in disguise"
- Young Picard: "That's not exactly reassuring, particularly coming from a Ferengi."
- Choice B:
- Captain: "Someone should probably fill you in on the Borg."
- Young Picard: "The Borg? What is that?"
- Paul Stubbs: "In your time, they were all but unheard of within the Federation. They're a hivemind connected by the sole desire to chase perfection through the assimilation of every other species. Your adult self is intimately acquainted with them--"
- Choice C:
- Captain: "Your older self has commanded two iterations of the Federation flagship."
- Young Picard: "You mean the Enterprise? Well now, that's a story worth hearing, isn't it?"
- Twilight T'Pol: "Apologies for cutting this short, Captain, but another Warbird is closing in. It might be prudent to continue this later."
- Young Picard: "Thank you--again--Captain. I suppose I'm not as skilled at flying shuttlecraft as I like to tell the freshmen back at the Launching Pa--wait, what is that?"
- Paul Stubbs: "Is that a Borg cube? Why are they approaching him so quickly? We're right here! Jean-Luc, you need to get out of there!"
- Twilight T'Pol: "It is futile, I am afraid. The magnetic force surrounding the cube has disrupted communication with the shuttlecraft. If the Borg were so concerned with our supposed truce, why would they not contact us? And what could they want with a simple cadet?"
- Safecracker Nog: "He's not a simple cadet though. He's Jean-Luc Picard. Truce or not, something tells me this was no mere accident."