Chronitons are a kind of energy used to play missions in Star Trek Timelines. They are exchanged for Away Team and Space Battle Missions. Each mission and level have a pre-determined number of chronitons needed to execute (minimum 4, max 24, currently). If no chronitons are available, a mission cannot start.
Many screens in the game will display how many chronitons are available and the total amount that can be stored, in the format of (usable/max).
Chronitons can be earned by:
- Passage of time: A countdown timer of 6 minutes per chroniton is set in the game.
- Chroniton Boost: Collect 20 at any of 3 specified times during the day (12:00pm, 6:00pm, and 9:00pm local time)
- Cadet Challenges: Missions available on certain days that use tickets to reward chronitons.
- Daily Missions and Fleet Targets: several objectives for a potential total of 150.
- Gauntlet rewards: each reward has a chance of awarding between 20 and 100.
- Voyages: Chronitons are part of the reward table of Voyages. Before the first Dilemma players might receive batches of 1; between the first and third dilemma they have a chance to receive batches of 4, and from the third dilemma onwards players might receive batches of 10, meaning that long voyages can return with hundreds of chronitons. Additionally, Dilemmas also reward chronitons, usually 30.
- Purchase: 50 in exchange for 150 (dilithium). The price increases every two purchases, making the cumulative cost:
- Captain Leveling: When you attain sufficient Captain XP to level up, you will automatically receive a chroniton boost equal to the chroniton storage capacity at your new level.
Chroniton Boost times during local Standard time:
- 11:00 - 13:00
- 17:00 - 19:00
- 20:00 - 22:00
Chroniton Boost times during local Daylight Savings time:
- 12:00 - 14:00
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 21:00 - 23:00
Chronitons are sometimes supplied to players as free gifts in their message inbox. The largest such chroniton gifts have often been delivered as compensation with some apology from Disruptor Beam after an unfortunate incident on their part, leading to the coining of the term Sorryton.
There is a hard limit on how many chronitons can be stored without side effects. It is influenced by Captain Level (from 30 to 150 stored) and by the Transporter Room of the player's Fleet's Starbase (up to 30), meaning a theoretical total of 180 stored.
If a player has exceeded their capacity, chronitons will stop recharging (i.e. no new chroniton every six minutes). However even one a player has exceeded it is possible to gain chronitons from other sources (Chroniton Boosts, Cadet Missions, Daily Targets, Voyages): these chronitons will be stored and will never be lost. A player can keep accumulating chronitons through these other means, and there is no known limit to the amount of chronitons that can be kept.
|Arena Tickets • Chronitons • Credits • Dilithium • Event Tickets • Honor • Intel • Merit • Requisition Shuttle Token • Tickets • Victory Points • Voyage Revival|