Someone is looking to disrupt the future reunification of Vulcans and Romulans. Can you reroute their ship before it travels nine hundred years into the future?
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 BONUS Ships
- 5 Event Rewards
- 6 Storyline
- 7 References
Countermoves was a Skirmish Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, July 8, 2021 and ending 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) Monday, July 12, 2021. Players completed groups of Space Battles to receive Victory Points, which unlocked Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest VP bonuses to skirmish battles.
All characters below give a lesser VP bonus to skirmish battles.
- Crew with the Romulan trait:
These ships have an additional boost to their Hull
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Almost a millennium into the future, Vulcans and Romulans will have finally achieved reunification. Unfortunately, this hasn’t come as welcome news to all who still live in the present. Join Gabrielle Burnham and former Tal Shiar agents Laris and Zhaban as they discover a plot to disrupt and unravel the future reunification of Vulcans and Romulans, and take action to stop it.
- Qowat Milat Gabrielle Burnham: "Reunification of the Vulcan and Romulan people took thousands of years... but I can tell you, with absolute candor, that it's worth it. It's not the reviving of an old society, but the dawn of a new one."
- Investigator Laris: "But some people would rather the dawn never came. There is a Vulcan named Valeris trying to interfere. She hopes to travel into the future and undo reunification, somehow."
- Investigator Laris: "Such a large project seems impossible, but stranger things have happened. She's stolen a ship for the purpose, and I suggest you waste no time in going after her--before she's nine hundred years out of reach."
- Lieutenant Valeris: "Your actions are not logical, Captain. Reunification is doomed to fail, even with nine hundred years of advancement. It has always failed."
- Lieutenant Valeris: "By speeding up the inevitable dissolution of the Vulcan and Romulan peoples, I will be saving many lives, and avoiding much cultural destruction. I take the long view, rather than the short."
- Choice A:
- Captain: "The failures of the past don't guarantee anything about the future."
- Lieutenant Valeris: "You cannot argue with data, Captain. There is statistical evidence supporting the eventual failure of reunification, and no evidence to support its success--because it never has."
- Choice B:
- Captain: "And you, it seems, are doomed to repeat the mistakes of your past."
- Lieutenant Valeris: "On the contrary, I have learned much. I was wrong to kill individuals in pursuit of my greater goals. You have my vow no one will die directly be my hand during this mission."
- Choice C:
- Captain: "I ordered you to surrender. Right or wrong, you're duty-bound to obey."
- Lieutenant Valeris: "A millennium from now, Vulcans and Romulans will be reunified, but no longer part of the Federation. I believe it is my duty as a Starfleet officer to ensure they separate again, and ensure the Vulcans rejoin the Federation as a result."
- Qowat Milat Gabrielle Burnham: "There's no compromise to be found here, Captain. Valeris believes fully in her own rightness. We have no choice but to stop her--through the destruction of her vessel, if necessary."
- Investigator Laris: "No one can promise the future reunification will stick... but thanks to you, Captain, we can promise it won't be interrupted today."
- Lieutenant Valeris: "For the sake of my people, and yours, Romulan, I hope I am wrong. But I very much doubt it."
- Qowat Milat Gabrielle Burnham: "You're not worthy of the Qowat Milat... but someone who practices such absolutism may learn a thing or two from us, while you await trial. Thank you again, Captain."