Education Is Power
Keiko wishes to build a school on the mirror Earth, but there are fears that this may become a breeding ground for the next brutal iteration of the Terran Empire. Can you influence these young minds towards peace?
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 Event Rewards
- 5 Faction Missions
- 6 Storyline
- 7 References
Education Is Power is a Faction Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, August 30, 2018 and ending 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, September 4, 2018. Players can complete shuttle missions for the Terran Empire, Federation, or KCA. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Having escaped from slavery and settled back on Earth, Mirror Keiko has opened a school, as her prime universe counterpart did on Deep Space Nine. But there are many concerned over what could happen if remnants of the Terran Empire make attempts to return to normal. Hoshi Sato, once a teacher herself, suggests that Keiko take some cues from the Federation and their system of education, in an attempt to subtly guide her away from the more brutish principles of the past. 
- Mirror Keiko: "After all of the strife brought by the rebellion, the suffering of those enslaved during the conflict, our world needs to take a positive step forward. I want to open a school, like my Federation counterpart did on Deep Space Nine. Who will join me in molding our future?"
- Professor Sato: "A school? I guess if the Earth here is to see any peace, a school would be good. But a school that educates through positive methodologies and provides firm but fair teaching. I was a teacher before joining Starfleet. I'd love to help with the effort."
- Mirror K'Ehleyr: "The mirror universe has already seen the oppressive reach of the Terrans. We don't need a new generation being groomed for brutality. Those children are better served by a balanced education, with input from the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance."
- Mirror Keiko: "Captain, Professor Sato, thank you both for your input. There's a lot to consider and adopt from the Federation system, but I won't be abandoning the Terran system in favor of it. These children are still Terrans. They need an education that is faithful to their heritage."
- Professor Sato: "That's understandable. But do you really want to sow the seeds of a rebirth of such a violent empire again? You've seen firsthand what the fallout of such treachery, violence, and mistrust can bring."
- Mirror Keiko: "Of course not. I will certainly be taking some cues from what I've learned from the Federation, and making my own adjustments. I'm responsible for molding these young Terran minds. We will learn from the past, so we do not repeat it."