Fire With Fire
The Vulcans' emotional distress following Surak's intervention has led them to launch attacks on the Romulans. The Romulans, however, are claiming they want to talk reunification. But before any talking can happen, the Vulcan attack must be stopped!
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 Event Rewards
- 5 Faction Missions
- 6 Storyline
- 7 References
Fire With Fire is a Faction Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, April 19, 2018 and ending 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, April 23, 2018. Players can complete shuttle missions for the Romulan Star Empire. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Despite Federation entreaties to stop and threats to expel them from the UFP entirely, the Vulcans continue to take out their fears and anxieties about Surak’s impending changes to their society on the Romulans. But, to everyone’s surprise, it is the Romulans who come forward with the olive branch first. Ever eager to gain a tactical advantage, especially in these chaotic times, the Romulans are actually interested in reunification with the Vulcans--even if it means joining the Federation. But first, the hostile Vulcans attacking Romulan ships must be dealt with. 
- Romulan Kirk: "The Vulcans are consumed by the anxieties they train so hard to suppress. Though I understand their animosity towards the Romulans, this is getting dangerous. Nothing, not even threatening removal from the UFP, seems to be getting through."
- Senator Vreenak: "Indeed. And here my people are, ready to make peace. After all, what better occasion than the reappearance of Surak to discuss the prospect of reunification?"
- Romulan Kirk: "If you are indeed sincere, Senator, then I applaud your people's willingness to take such a step. I'm sure the Captain here will agree with me when I say we and the rest of the Federation would be happy to help."
- Senator Vreenak: "If that is indeed the case, Captain, then I ask you to start by aiding us in subduing those Vulcan ships. If you help us distract them, the Tal Shiar can disable them and limit the number of casualties. I'm sure that would please the Federation."
- TOS Romulan Commander: "What anger and sorrow war leaves in its wake. And yet, my people have only intensified their lust for it in these intervening years. Captain, my sole comfort is that we were able to solve this incident relatively peacefully. For that, I owe you my gratitude."
- Senator Vreenak: "Spare us all the emotional platitudes. Save them for our exalted guest. Yes, Captain, it seems Surak himself elected to grace the Romulan people with his presence."
- Senator Vreenak: "It certainly helps that Empress Sela is so persuasive. I'd almost go so far to say it's impossible to tell her no..."