Ghost in the Machine 2
Ghost in the Machine 2 is a Faction Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, November 2, 2017 and ending 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) Monday, November 6, 2017. Players can complete shuttle missions for the Bajoran, Romulan Star Empire, and Augments. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Doctor Noonian Soong ran out of time to perfect his androids; the temporal anomaly crisis has given him a second chance. With the benefit of being able to study Data, Lore, and B4’s development since his death, Doctor Soong has come to a startling conclusion: the physicality of an android is actually a hindrance to the development of an artificial lifeform. The true artificial lifeform isn’t bound by the limitations of a physical body, but moves at the speed of thought, more like a hologram. To that end, with the help of the Augments, Doctor Soong has begun experiments in creating a new artificial lifeform, a fusion of hologram and android. This has attracted attention from his “son”, Lore, who objects to the notion that androids like himself are flawed and has recruited the Romulans to his cause. Holograms and Androids alike who object to this research but do not trust Lore have found a champion in Winn Adami and the Bajorans, who argues that these new lifeforms are given sentience by the Prophets, not men. 
- Doctor Noonian Soong: "I died before I considered my research complete. I'm still no spring chicken, but I'm going to use whatever time these temporal anomalies allow to continue my work."
- Doctor Noonian Soong: "There have been so many advancements since my death... not least of which the indepedent development of all my androids, for better and worse. Androids now appear to be an archaic form of artificial life, too limited by their physical nature."
- Doctor Noonian Soong: "I believe true perfection lies somewhere between the physical and the virtual, between androids and holograms. The Augments support my research, but Lore... Lore does not. The Bajorans are also using their religion as a weapon against me. I don't know your beliefs, but I hope you will act as my shield against them."
- Doctor Noonian Soong: "You were more than a shield, you were a sword as well. Thanks to you, I've had a breakthrough. My positronic brain was not completely flawed. When combined with the constantly self-authoring subroutines of a hologram, we can create artificial life capable of true original thought."
- Doctor Noonian Soong: "The applications of this could be enormous. If my body were as strong as an android's and my mind as quick as a hologram's, who knows what other breakthroughs I might have? To say nothing of other minds throughout history...."
- Doctor Noonian Soong: "In fact, why say nothing? I can resurrect these minds as android-hologram hybrids. I'm certain the Augments would support me, as their own research often dovetails with my own. But whom should it be? A renaissance man like Leonardo da Vinci? A wit like Mark Twain? Hmm...."