God of Thunder
After an embarrassing display by his younger self, the present day Q is considering doing away with the emotion of love altogether! Can happy grooms and brides convince him that love is part of the meaning of life?
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 Event Rewards
- 5 Phase 1, Faction Missions
- 6 Phase 2, Galaxy Missions
- 7 Storyline
- 8 References
God of Thunder was a Hybrid Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) Thursday, February 11, 2021. The event ended 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) on Monday, February 15, 2021.
The second phase is in the form of a Galaxy Event.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions and event recipes.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions and event recipes.
- Crew with the Scoundrel trait
There are 4 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
- Community (Threshold) Rewards can be obtained by communal Victory Points .
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
Phase 1, Faction Missions
God of Thunder Phase 1 ran from February 11, 2021 (12:00 ET) to February 13, 2021 (12:00 ET).
Phase 2, Galaxy Missions
God of Thunder Phase 2 ran from February 13, 2021 (12:00 ET) to February 15, 2021 (12:00 ET).
|List of Honor||A list of partnered yet notable individuals.||List|
|A Better Future
Research individuals motivated by their future children.
|Romantic, Casual (both)||Passenger Manifest|
|Romantic, Civilian (both)||Psychological Profiling|
|Civilian, Pilot (both)||Strikeforce Tricorder|
Research individuals trying to atone for hurting a partner.
|Federation, Klingon (both)||Biological Samples|
|Casual, Crafty (both)||Holo-imager|
|Romantic, Scoundrel (both)||Force Field Relay|
|Safe from Harm
Research individuals driven to protect a partner.
|Counselor, Betazoid (both)||Targeting Systems|
|Q Continuum, Casual (both)||Emergency Communique|
|Scoundrel, Civilian (both)||Cover Identity|
|The Grand Gesture
Research individuals trying to win back a partner via glory.
|Counselor, Empath (both)||Historical Records|
|Costumed, Crafty (both)||Strikeforce Projections|
|Of Love and Loss
Research individuals motivated by the loss of a partner.
|Betazoid, Starfleet (both)||Temporal Mechanics|
|Romantic, Federation (both)||Gagh|
|Federation, Empath (both)||Metallurgy|
|In Sickness and Health
Research individuals searching to cure a sick partner.
|Betazoid, Romantic (both)||Lie Detection Techniques|
|Scoundrel, Q Continuum (both)||Portable Laboratory|
|Pilot, Federation (both)||Rations|
Research famous couples who drew strength from each other.
|Romantic, Pilot (both)||Ablative Armor|
|Starfleet, Klingon (both)||Family Relic|
|Klingon, Romantic (both)||Ethical Subroutine|
Though the younger Q’s romantic plans have been thwarted, the present Q is still furious, and his fury has expanded to encompass the entire concept of love in general. He declares emotional attachment a dangerous distraction from the universe’s more important questions and problems, and wonders if the temporal anomaly crisis wouldn’t be solved in ten minutes flat if he just got rid of the business entirely. This prospect would obviously change the meaning of life as all species know it, and everyone mobilizes to try and convince Q that life without love isn’t worth living. 
- Judge Q: "I still believe you mortals are key to resolving this crisis. But we've become perhaps overly familiar over the years. Friends, instead of colleagues. And it's led me to become far too indulgent."
- Judge Q: "Your emotions... love, and all its biological urges... they're a meaningless distraction. They're holding you back in your evolution, preventing us from solving the universe's REAL problems."
- Judge Q: "So, I've decided: I'm cutting it. It's time to erase the concept of love and affection from sentient perception entirely. Then we can get back to business."
- Bridal Deanna Troi: "Your argument is flawed, Q. I didn't find true fulfilment or meaning in my life until I found the person I was meant to share it with."
- Bridal Yates: "And speaking as someone who married a godlike being, I can tell you it didn't affect his willingness to do what the universe needed him to do one jot."
- Judge Q: "And what problems of galactic import have you and your husbands solved, ladies? The identity of the next Bajoran kai? The best way to deal with stress? The perfect pizza toppings?"
- Choice A
- Captain: "But that's what life is. Many small moments that create a larger whole."
- Judge Q: "For you perhaps. And only because you don't know any better."
- Choice B
- Captain: "Don't you have a son and a mate yourself?"
- Judge Q: "Terms I used for your benefit, because mortals could never understand how the Continuum actually works."
- Choice C
- Captain: "You'll never understand the importance of pizza, Q. It's beyond you."
- Judge Q: "I'm sorry you trotted out the old wedding gowns to no avail, but my mind's made up. 'Tis better to never have loved at all, says I."
- Groom Worf: "This petaQ has no heart. We must appeal to his brain--or what passes for one. We must prove to him that love has not prevented mortals from resolving many important problems over the course of galactic history."
- Judge Q: "An impressive laundry list, I'll admit. I don't know where you mortals find the time between your weddings and divorces and exchanges of fluids."
- Bridal Yates: "So? Will you call off this ridiculous notion to erase love from the universe? If you're even capable of such a thing?"
- Judge Q: "I assure you, I am more than capable. As to whether I will make use of my power to do so... you'll find out soon."