Joy to the World
It has become clear that the Sphere Builders will never understand concepts like family and time. The Federation's best chance is to convince Etana Jol to cut ties with the Sphere Builders. But will she?
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 Event Rewards
- 5 Faction Missions
- 6 Storyline
- 7 Notes
- 8 References
Joy to the World is a Faction Event beginning Thursday, December 27, 2018 and ending Monday, December 31, 2018. Players can complete shuttle missions for the Federation, the Ferengi Alliance, or the KCA. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions.
All characters below give a bonus to faction missions.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
The Xindi have been brought back into the fold, but the Sphere-Builders have made it clear that, as trans-dimensional beings, they will never understand the importance of family or the value of time as a mean of true advancement. The Federation’s only hope is to appeal to Etana Jol and convince her to switch sides and sabotage the Sphere-Builders’ plans from within. 
- High Roller Sisko: "Come on, Etana. Your people are members of the Federation. You don't think that the Sphere Builders trying to tinker with the Federation's past, present, and future won't negatively impact you as well?"
- K'mtar Alexander: "I can tell you from experience that trying to control the future never pans out the way you expect it will, even if you have the best of intentions."
- Etana Jol: "Don't pretend that any of you understand me or my motivations. None of you ever could. The Sphere Builders intend to bring reason to a needlessly chaotic universe. That's more than any of you could ever offer."
- Angel I Riker: "Damn, she cut communication. I wanted to speak to her. In spite of all she's done, I feel we had a connection once. Etana isn't as cold as she's pretending to be. Concepts like loyalty still hold value to her. I wish she would just tell us what this is about."
- High Roller Sisko: "Unfortunately, we no longer have the luxury of waiting for Etana's conscience to awaken on its own. We need to deal with her and the Sphere Builders once and for all. We could use all the help we can get. Captain, would you give us a hand so we might all finally get some peace?"
- High Roller Sisko: "Captain, excellent work. It appears the Sphere Builders have finally backed down and returned to their own realm. I'm not naive enough to believe it's for good, but for now at least, we can breathe a sigh of relief."
- High Roller Sisko: "It is something worth considering, though: the Sphere Builders are far from the only non-linear beings we've had to deal with, and I doubt they'll be the last. The Federation will have to come to a consensus on how to handle these non-linear and trans-dimensional beings."
- Etana Jol: "If anyone can figure it out, it would be you. Being the Emissary of the Prophets and all. So since you've unseated the Sphere Builders and made it clear they aren't welcome here, responsibility for the future falls to you and the Federation. Are you all ready for such a burden?"
- Etana Jol: "I don't have the luxury of being some Emissary. I'm mortal. Time only goes one way for me. And I'm just trying to make the best of what I've got."