One Step Behind
The theft of Boreth's time crystals was just the first step in Mudd's galactic crime spree. Now he's stealing technology from planets across the quadrant. Figure out Mudd's ultimate goal and stop him before he does any more damage!
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 Event Rewards
- 5 Phase 1, Faction Missions
- 6 Phase 2, Galaxy Missions
- 7 Storyline
- 8 References
One Step Behind was a Hybrid Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) Thursday, October 10, 2019. The event ended 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) on Monday, October 14, 2019.
The first phase functions as a Faction Event, with players completing shuttle missions for the Federation, the Ferengi Alliance or the Maquis. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
The second phase is in the form of a Galaxy Event.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions and event recipes.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions and event recipes.
There are 4 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
- Community (Threshold) Rewards can be obtained by communal Victory Points .
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
Phase 1, Faction Missions
One Step Behind Phase 1 ran from October 10, 2019 (12:00 ET) to October 12, 2019 (12:00 ET).
Phase 2, Galaxy Missions
One Step Behind Phase 2 ran from October 12, 2019 (12:00 ET) to October 14, 2019 (12:00 ET).
|To Catch a Thief||Follow to clues that lead to Mudd's whereabouts.||Rumors of Mudd|
|Between the Cracks
Find hidden clues that may have been missed.
|Jury Rigger, Innovator (both)||Emergency Communique|
|Jury Rigger, Cultural Figure (both)||Raw Materials|
Talk to former jailmates of Mudd for any missing details.
|Communicator, Spiritual (both)||Burial Rites|
|Ferengi, Crafty (both)||Rations|
|Spiritual, Klingon (both)||Portable Laboratory|
Scour possible planets where Mudd could hide away.
|Communicator, Prophet (both)||AI Behavior Routine|
|Ba'ul, Geneticist (both)||Strikeforce Communicator|
|Resourceful, Cultural Figure (both)||Economic Stimulus|
|Maps and Legends
Plot out possible scenarios for where Mudd could be.
|Civilian, Merchant (both)||Holo-imager|
|Rich, Crafty (both)||Vulcan Tea|
|Resourceful, Ferengi (both)||Temporal Mechanics|
Examine criminal activity for possible signs of Mudd.
|Ba'ul, Brutal (both)||Force Field Relay|
|Innovator, Resourceful (both)||Engineering Tools|
|Inspiring, Crafty (both)||Strikeforce Tricorder|
Interrogate witnesses and associates of Mudd.
|Brutal, Interrogator (both)||Music Theory|
|Brutal, Geneticist (both)||Genetic Research|
|Cultural Figure, Prophet (both)||Genetic Scanner|
|Where We've Already Gone
Mark the part of space that's already been searched.
|Interrogator, Geneticist (both)||Debate Strategy|
|Prodigy, Xahean (both)||Relief Supplies|
|Klingon, Cultural Figure (both)||Weapon Crafting|
The idea of anyone having that many time crystals in their possession is worrisome to Tenavik, but an inveterate criminal like Mudd with that much power could cause enormous chaos. 
- Timekeeper Tenavik: "We Timekeepers may stay cloistered on Boreth, but stories have reached even us of this... Mudd. This man has no honor, and no capacity to understand the power that the crystals wield. If he does indeed have them, we are under a great threat."
- New Eden Pike: "Agreed. Mudd's already used a small time crystal attempting to capture the Discovery. He must have sought a larger source when that failed. We just can't get rid of this guy. Let's put out an Federation alert for any information about his whereabouts."
- Ba'ul: "One of your Federation members came to Kaminar and stole from us. A type of shielding for our drones went missing after we registered his presence. You will return to us what is ours and never return."
- Profitable Ishka: "Perhaps you'd be so kind as to offer some assistance? We've been swindled by this Mudd in the past, and several Ferengi worry we'll be targets once again. Protecting our profits sometimes means asking help from others. Not one of the Rules of Acquisition, but still it's true."
- New Eden Pike: "Look at everything that Mudd's gone after - all the tech and supplies. It seems like he's gathering pieces to build a ship, doesn't it? One that can withstand the rigors of time travel. He's crafty, but surely he's not smart enough to create an engine for that, right?"
- Runaway Po: "Oh, yeah, he totally wasn't smart enough at all. But I sure was. He showed up and said I couldn't possibly design a ship's engine that used a time crystal. Well, I knew I could! I thought it was just theoretical. I... may have been wrong."
- Choice A
- Captain: "Don't feel too bad. Many people have been tricked by Mudd."
- Runaway Po: "He just got into my head. I enjoy building new things. I love being extraordinary! But now I've threatened... all of space-time I suppose. I hope you find him."
- Choice B
- Captain: "Do you often accept challenges from people you don't know?"
- Runaway Po: "I take my challenges from wherever I can. Don't you? I thought that flying through space meant you got to seek out challenge. That's what I was doing as well."
- Choice C
- Captain: "Could he have given any indication of his plans?"
- Runaway Po: "He talked a lot, but I didn't believe any of it. He mentioned some woman named Stella, but said he was avoiding her. I don't remember hearing anything that counted as a real plan."
- Timekeeper Tenavik: "This human, Mudd, is the type who the Timekeepers most feared would come to possess the time crystals of Boreth - reckless, selfish, impulsive. An entire ship powered by the crystals in his hands would be horrifying. We must find him, immediately."
- New Eden Pike: "We've tracked Mudd directly to the mouth of the temporal anomaly that's caused so much chaos recently. What the hell could he be doing there?"
- Timekeeper Tenavik: "Even I have no understanding of how the sacred time crystals and the temporal anomaly will interact. But I can predict that it shall lead to destruction. Whatever his plan, it is absolute madness."
- New Eden Owo: "Scans of the surround [sic] area show several other incoming ships of a similar design to Mudd's. There's... dozens of them. They're all emitting an energy pattern which matches the chronal signature of the crystals."
- Bounty Hunter Mudd: "Ah, I see you've finally caught up with me. Been a bit of a slow-poke, haven't you? Yes, well, to use a small cliche, time's up! By which I mean to say - you're already too damn late to stop me."