Unsatisfied with your trinkets and baubles, the Dosi insist you prove your endurance for the blood sport that they consider trade. Continue to investigate their claims while proving your mettle on the battlefield of space!
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 BONUS Ships
- 5 Event Rewards
- 6 Storyline
- 7 References
Playing Hardball was a Skirmish Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, June 10, 2021 and ending 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, June 14, 2021. Players completed groups of Space Battles to receive Victory Points, which unlocked Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest VP bonuses to skirmish battles.
All characters below give a lesser VP bonus to skirmish battles.
- Crew with the Survivalist trait
These ships have an additional boost to their Hull
- NX-02 Columbia.png
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Unsatisfied with the “trinkets and baubles” you gathered previously, the Dosi demand that you demonstrate you’re serious about bartering with them, and prove your endurance for negotiation. As Starfleet officers do their best to impress the Dosi, Odo begins to suspect the Dosi may be up to something more nefarious, and wants to find proof this promised “cure” for the temporal anomaly crisis actually exists.
- Tribble Quark: "Good news and bad news. The good news is that the Dosi haven't closed the door on this deal yet. The bad news is that they don't think what we're offering is a fair trade. They don't think we're willing to do what it takes to close here."
- Kal'Hyah O'Brien: "I don't really see how making a run into a harsh corner of space with one of our oldest starships translates into being better businessmen... but if this is what's important to the Dosi culturally, it's our duty to try."
- Kal'Hyah Bashir: "We survived a Klingon bachelor party. How hard can this be?"
- Stranded Odo: "I suspect the Dosi are hiding a trick under their 'cultural differences.' I don't know what it is yet, but I'm going to find out. Oh, and I believe in this 'solution' about as much as I believe that Quark doesn't like latinum."
- Tribble Quark: "Would you quit sniffing around? You're going to get Julian and Miles killed! Just trust the process, here."
- Stranded Odo: "No. None of this makes any logical sense. We were putting on a perfectly acceptable dog-and-pony show here in Federation space. There was no call to insist Julian and Miles head to Dosi space, instead."
- Choice A:
- Captain: "I'm not worried. Those two can handle themselves."
- Stranded Odo: "They're Starfleet officers, not superheroes. We are dealing with the reality of two of our people out of contact on an antique ship behind potential enemy lines."
- Choice B:
- Captain: "I smell a trap... but for who, or what?"
- no additional dialogue, go to Odo's "I need the Dosi distracted" line
- Choice C:
- Captain: "I've said from the start this deal is ridiculous. We should pull out."
- Stranded Odo: "I heartily agree--once we've got our people out."
- Stranded Odo: "I need the Dosi distracted in order to recover Doctor Bashir and Chief O'Brien. I trust you can continue putting on this show for them."
- Kal'Hyah O'Brien: "I don't know if the Dosi have anything that can help us. I do know what the price is going to be, though: our suffering as their entertainment."
- Kal'Hyah Bashir: "They're vastly enjoying our exertions on their behalf. And they've got a range of other individuals from trying times in captivity, observing their struggle like some kind of... reality show."
- Tribble Quark: "See? Didn't I tell you? Brutal."