Surak is in Romulan custody and their leader, Sela, asserts it's because she is better fit than he is to lead the reunification effort. Is she telling the truth? Is the galaxy ready for Vulcan-Romulan reunification–and for the Romulans to join the Federation?
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 Event Rewards
- 5 Missions
- 6 Storyline
- 7 Notes
- 8 References
Reunification is a Hybrid Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, April 26, 2018. The first phase ends 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) on Saturday, April 28, 2018. The event ends 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Tuesday, April 30, 2018.
The first phase functions as a Faction Event, with players completing shuttle missions for Section 31, Klingon Empire, and Romulan Star Empire. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
The second phase is in the form of a Galaxy Event.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions and event recipes.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions and event recipes.
There are 4 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
- Community (Threshold) Rewards can be obtained by communal Victory Points .
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
Reunification Phase 2 ran from April 28th, 2018 (12:00 ET) to April 30th, 2018 (12:00 ET).
|Support Reunification||Provide support for reunification and entry into the UFP.||Reunification Support|
|A Different Point of View
Encourage pro-Romulan sentiment throughout the [Faction].
|Template:SkillMultiple||Villain, Romulan (both)||Propaganda|
|Template:SkillMultiple||Romulan, Federation (both)||Deciphered Scrolls|
|A Good Offense
Quell any threats to a peaceful reunification.
|Communicator, Prisoner (both)||Strikeforce Communicator|
|Template:SkillMultiple||Hero, Undercover Operative (both)||Targeting Systems|
|Template:SkillMultiple||Desperate, Hero (both)||Emergency Communique|
|Look Back, Move Forward
Conduct a study of past Romulan diplomacy efforts.
|Template:SkillMultiple||Caregiver, Physician (both)||Biological Samples|
|Template:SkillMultiple||Geneticist, Exobiology (both)||Genetic Research|
|Template:SkillMultiple||Caregiver, Federation (both)||Genetic Scanner|
Allocate the needed resources for reunification and beyond.
|Merchant, Desperate (both)||Economic Stimulus|
|Communicator, Federation (both)||Amendments|
|Undercover Operative, Starfleet (both)||Regulations|
|The Best Defense...
Prepare to handle any potential instigators.
|Template:SkillMultiple||Tactician, High Command (both)||Strategy Brief|
|Template:SkillMultiple||Section 31, Investigator (both)||Strikeforce Tricorder|
|Template:SkillMultiple||Romulan, Vulcan (both)||Ablative Armor|
|The Downside of Logic
Show the Vulcans the pitfalls of relying on logic alone.
|Communicator, Cultural Figure (both)||Historical Records|
|Template:SkillMultiple||Starfleet, Inspiring (both)||Debate Strategy|
|To Be More Cultured
Offer opportunities for cultural exchange to the Romulans.
|Template:SkillMultiple||Investigator, Resourceful (both)||Documentary Footage|
|Inspiring, Betazoid (both)||Visual Arts|
|Template:SkillMultiple||Musician, Costumed (both)||Music Theory|
Sela has Surak in Romulan custody! The duplicitous Romulan leader claims someone had to rescue Surak (and the Vulcan people) from himself, and that the only way reunification is going to work is if there’s someone like her guiding his efforts. Federation authorities find this difficult to believe at first, and are determined to uncover Sela’s true plans. But when it’s revealed Sela is telling the truth, you will need to decide if the galaxy is truly ready for the Romulan Star Empire to join the Vulcans… and the Federation. 
- Commander Sela: "You Federation simpletons need to relax. Harming Surak would be beyond foolish at this point. I just feel that Surak's long absence has dulled his perspective."
- Commander Sela: "My desire for reunification is genuine, I can assure you. I just think the matter needs to be handled by someone familiar with the situation...like myself. If you Federation fools want us among your numbers, then stand down and allow us to handle our business."
- Romulan Picard: "'Handle your business' indeed. As you can imagine, Captain, this turn of events is rather difficult to accept. Sela's history shows that what she says and what she does are often misaligned. Still, the question remains: if not reunification, what DOES she want?"
- Romulan Picard: "That of course is the question of the hour, is it not? At the very least, we are not alone in our investigation. The Klingons naturally have their own doubts and we might as well say Section 31 represents the doubts of the Federation. Both have granted us their aid."
- Romulan Picard: "Difficult as it may be to believe, it appears that Sela is sincere in her desire for reunification. But why? What does she stand to gain? This question is not exclusive to the Vulcans. If the Romulans reunite with them, it is likely that they will be joining the Federation."
- Mintakan Troi: "The prospect of the peace that might bring is encouraging. However, I feel it is dangerous to take this matter too lightly. The Romulans have spent so much time isolated. Adaptation will take time, both for the Romulans and the rest of the Federation. How do you feel, Captain?"
- Choice A
- Captain: "After their history of duplicity, it is hard to believe this isn't some trick."
- Romulan Picard: "Indeed. I completely understand, Captain. My own past experiences have yielded generous examples of their betrayal. But I have also worked alongside those who desire reunification, who want to be a part of the universe at large without such constant fear."
- Choice B
- Captain: "Diplomacy aside, my concern is the safety of the UFP and all its members."
- Romulan Picard: "Of course. We would be lying if we said we did not share your sentiments, Captain. Romulan integration will take time. But down the line, I believe they will prove to be valuable assets to the Federation as a whole. And we to them."
- Choice C
- Captain: "In spite of my hesitancy, I want to believe the Romulans are sincere."
- Mintakan Troi: "As do I, Captain. This is a wonderful opportunity, both for the Federation and the Romulan Star Empire. It will take time. All important change does. But I truly believe this is worth the effort."
- Romulan Picard: "Make no mistake about it, there is much to do to ensure this transition goes over smoothly, Captain. We could certainly use your help in this matter."
- Mintakan Troi: "Surak, thank you so much for trying to bring these longtime rivals together. Your efforts have not been in vain. It seems the Romulans truly desire reunification, and have taken steps to make it a reality. As the father of Vulcan philosophy, you should be proud."
- Surak: "I do not know if proud is the word. It seems I have been hasty. I was shocked at the way the Vulcans took my teachings to such an extreme, but I too was guilty of being extreme. The Vulcans and Romulans have gone their separate ways and changed so much."
- Surak: "It was wrong of me to try and force reunification. I have much to learn, particularly from the divergent path the Romulans have taken. I hope that I can provide them something of value, but more than anything, I look forward to what I can learn."
- BUG: In Phase 2 Surak was treated as bonus crew, not featured crew, resulting in only half the announced crafting bonus.