Silent Night is a Hybrid Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) Thursday, November 22, 2018. The event ends 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) on Monday, November 26, 2018.
The first phase functions as a Faction Event, with players completing shuttle missions for Section 31, Bajoran, or Terran Empire. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
The second phase is in the form of a Galaxy Event.
Featured crew give the largest VP bonuses to skirmish battles.
All characters below give a lesser VP bonus to skirmish battles.
There are 4 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
- Community (Threshold) Rewards can be obtained by communal Victory Points .
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
Phase 1, Faction Missions
Silent Night Phase 1 ran from December 13, 2018 (12:00 ET) to December 15, 2018 (12:00 ET).
Phase 2, Galaxy Missions
Silent Night Phase 2 ran from December 15, 2018 (12:00 ET) to December 17, 2018 (12:00 ET).
Etana Jol has been revealed to be an agent of the Sphere-Builders, who have already altered the present timeline. While this timeline is, strangely, not so unfavorable for the Federation and several members of Starfleet, it has resulted in the disappearance of several family members and other loved ones who were previously recovered or thought safe from temporal displacement. 
- Admiral Owen Paris: "The Sphere Builders have made their first moves on our timeline. It's odd, the changes have done nothing to unseat the Federation, but several rescues of Starfleet personnel family members have been undone. I believed Tom was dead for seven years. I won't lose him again."
- Cadet Wesley Crusher: "I can't imagine how you must feel, Admiral. And I know how selfish this is going to sound. But these changes are more than just missing Starfleet personnel. There are many whose lives have been prevented from going down a bad path."
- Admiral Owen Paris: "I don't understand what you mean, Mister Crusher. We need to recover the lost and set things right. We need to find a way to prevent the Sphere Builders from doing any further damage."
- Cadet Wesley Crusher: "But that's it. Changing the timeline can erase mistakes. Erase mine...and Tom's. What would life be like if we found him and he could live without the guilt of his comrades' deaths on his hands? What do you say, Captain? Think there's a way we can get the best of both worlds?"