Stream of Lives
A nightly broadcast of gladiatorial combat by slaves originates when Kirk was once held captive by twentieth century Romans. Shut down this brutal bloodsport and capture the slaves before they escape!
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 Event Rewards
- 5 Missions
- 6 Storyline
- 7 References
Stream of Lives was a Hybrid Event beginning 12:00 PM (ET) Thursday, September 19, 2019. The first phase ends 12:00 PM (ET) on Saturday, September 21, 2019. The event ends 12:00 PM (ET) Monday, September 23, 2019.
The first phase functions as a Faction Event, with players completing shuttle missions for the Federation, the Klingon Empire and the Dominion. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
The second phase is in the form of a Galaxy Event.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions and event recipes.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions and event recipes.
There are 4 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
- Community (Threshold) Rewards can be obtained by communal Victory Points .
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
Stream of Lives Phase 2 ran from September 21, 2019 (12:00 ET) to September 23, 2019 (12:00 ET) .
|No Escape From Justice||Track Navaar across the quadrant.||Astrometric Chart|
Go undercover at an Orion Syndicate hideout.
|Dominion, Veteran (both)||Biological Samples|
|Desperate, Romantic (both)||Passenger Manifest|
|Romantic, Federation (both)||Music Theory|
Receive permission to cross through enemy space.
|Dominion, Brutal (both)||Triage Kit|
|Romantic, Orion (both)||Raw Materials|
|Brutal, Dominion (both)||Riot Gear|
|The Good Stuff
Bribe Jem'Hadar for information.
|Scoundrel, Crafty (both)||Historical Records|
|Prisoner, Romantic (both)||Medical Research|
Protect your thoughts from Orion influence.
|Casual, Civilian (both)||Ethical Subroutine|
|Dominion, Brutal (both)||Regulations|
|Desperate, Human (both)||Preservation Protocols|
|One Person's Trash
Salvage evidence from destroyed Jem'Hadar ships.
|Veteran, Jemhadar (both)||Strategy Brief|
|Romantic, Casual (both)||Deciphered Scrolls|
|Desperate, Human (both)||Colonial Insignia|
Defend against an Orion attack.
|Scoundrel, Casual (both)||Mythological Stories|
|Scoundrel, Crafty (both)||Strikeforce Communicator|
|Orion, Civilian (both)||Weapon Crafting|
|A Thousand Tongues
Interrogate Navaar's partners about her hiding places.
|Federation, Starfleet (both)||Andorian Communications|
|Romantic, Crafty (both)||Debate Strategy|
|Jemhadar, Brutal (both)||Cover Identity|
Rumors reach the Federation of a nightly gladiatorial fight being broadcast live to screens across the quadrant. The origin of the signal is traced to the planet 892-IV, which Kirk recognizes as the place where he was captured and forced into combat for the amusement of others. 
- Roman Captive Kirk: "If you haven't been informed about these recent broadcasts yet, consider yourself lucky. Once a day, someone transmits a bloody gladiatorial arena fight across the entire quadrant. It seems to get more popular with each battle"
- Roman Captive Kirk: "When I watched one, it felt strangely familiar. On a hunch, I tracked the signal's origin to the fourth planet of star system eight-nine-two. You see, I've been there before and had to watch as my crew fought Romans for the entertainment of others."
- Roman Captive Kirk: "Last time, my loyalty to the Prime Directive stopped me from interfering with the planet's culture. Now they've brought Klingons and those Dominion creatures to fight to the death. We must put it to an end."
- Navaar: "Oh, dear Kirk, my little show isn't going anywhere. Our audience numbers just keep growing bigger, and that's bringing in buckets of latinum. You can't blame me for giving the people what they crave."
- Roman Captive Kirk: "You've done a fine job ending that broadcast and shutting down the arenas. Watching all those slaves go free, even the Klingons, makes the risk worth it."
- Roman Captive Kirk: "I can't help but feel some regret that we failed to capture that Orion ringleader. There's nothing in the galaxy that could make me comprehend enslaving another being. Let's hope we find her before she builds yet another arena."
- Choice A
- Captain: "She can't hide for long, the whole quadrant is looking for her."
- Roman Captive Kirk : "You make an excellent point. Between us, the Klingons, and the Dominion, she won't disappear for long. From what I hear of those other two, she better hope we find her first.
- Choice B
- Captain: "Why doesn't Starfleet shut down the Orion slave trade entirely?"
- Roman Captive Kirk: "Trust me, they've tried. Such an appalling practice deserves our full attention. But the Orions are practiced deceives and seem to slip through our grasp every time."
- Choice C
- Captain: "Are you sure you don't just enjoy chasing green women?"
- Roman Captive Kirk: "I'll never understand how I developed this undeserved reputation. Surely you're not suggesting I'd be interested in a slave? "
- Ikat'ika : "If you believe yourselves up to the challenge of finding this hated slavemaster Navaar, I have an idea. She was capturing Jem'Hadar before destroying their ships. We can scan energy signatures she left behind, and hunt her using that data. Together, this will go faster."
- Roman Captive Kirk: "I don't know why I ever doubted our abilities, but we caught her. She'll face Federation justice for the lives lost in the name of entertainment. But, still, I have to know - why do this? Why encourage such brutality?"
- Navaar: "Kirk, someone with such a reputation for strength shouldn't be so sweetly naive. The answer is simple. The money was excellent. That planet already used violence as a pastime, it just took the right kind of whispers to convince them to scale up."
- Navaar: "There will always be a paying audience who get excited to witness violence. I promise you, Captain, I had delighted viewers even in your upstanding Federation. If there's a market, I'm happy to fulfill any demands."
- Roman Captive Kirk: "Perhaps your cynical view of the galaxy just feeds into itself. If you appeal to the lower instincts of people, you won't be disappointed. But, lives will always be worth more than any price point you assign to them."