The Game's Afoot
For the second run of this event, see The Game's Afoot 2
"Mysterious events are occurring which cannot be explained through temporal anomaly alone. Join the legendary duo of Detective Data and Doctor LaForge to find answers!"
The Game's Afoot was the first Expedition Event offered in Star Trek Timelines. It ran from 12:00 PM (EDT) Friday, July 15, 2016 through 12:00 PM (EDT) Tuesday, July 19, 2016. This event offered a Special Pack that had a guaranteed drop of Detective Data or Doctor La Forge if you spent 650 on the 10-pack pull.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses.
All characters below give a bonus.
- Welcome to Expedition Events! An Expedition is a series of unique Away Team Missions during which your crew does NOT recover after attempting a challenge. Can your crew make it to the end of the Expedition?
- Unique Away Team Missions are available during the event. Open the Event to access them.
- Using any version of Data or La Forge will provide a bonus to Event Away Team Missions.
- Every Event Away Team Mission you succeed at earns you Event Victory Points.
- Collect Victory Points to unlock Event Threshold Rewards. Rewards will be sent out at the end of the event!
- After the Event ends, look for a special opportunity to choose which crew member will be brought through the Time Portal next!
- Victory Points will be earned in each event by doing event missions.
- The more points you collect, the higher the Threshold Rewards you can receive.
- Using any variation of the BONUS Characters in a event mission does not increase points
All missions take place at Q'Vat.
|Name||Type||Requirement||Skills Used||Char XP||Credits||Capt XP||Remarks|
| Mission 1:
The Brek'tal Ritual
|65 | 175 | 325||
||6 | ?? | 42||102 | ?? | 450||12 | ?? | 469||+15 | ?? | ?? SP for matched trait|
| Mission 2:
A Scandal in Madena
|85 | 190 | 350||
||6 | 6 | ??||102 | 102 | ??||12 | 12 | ??||+15 | ?? | ?? SP for matched trait|
| Mission 3:
The Tamarian Interpreter
|100 | 205 | 400||
||6 | ?? | ??||102 | ?? | ??||12 | ?? | ??||+16 | ?? | ?? SP for matched trait|
| Mission 4:
The Empty Starship
|125 | 250 | 450||
||6 | ?? | ??||102 | ?? | ??||12 | ?? | ??||+22 | ?? | ?? SP for matched trait|
| Mission 5:
Harcourt Fenton Mudd (Mission)
|150 | 300 | 500||
||6 | ?? | ??||102 | ?? | ??||12 | ?? | ??||+30 | ?? | ?? SP for matched trait|
- The skill points bonus for matching a trait on a node is also affected by exhaustion. So, 2 "exhaustion points" causes a 10% decrease in skill points and also skill points bonus.
- Captain XP is 12 for first pass, 2 for subsequent passes.
There are 2 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points . Victory Points are earned from each event mission.
Doctor La Forge
Chief Engineer La Forge
| 10x Premium
| Dynamic Officer
| Advanced Tactical|