Under New Management (Event)
For the away mission in Episode 2, see Under New Management
The Orion Syndicate of the future and the Terran Empire of the present may have parted ways, but they left behind a powerful ship: the Viridian. Can you stop Mirror Culber and Mirror Scotty's slaving operation?
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 BONUS Ships
- 5 Event Rewards
- 6 Storyline
- 7 References
Under New Management was a Skirmish Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) Thursday, March 18, 2021 and ending 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) Monday, March 22, 2021. Players completed groups of Space Battles to receive Victory Points, which unlocked Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest VP bonuses to skirmish battles.
All characters below give a lesser VP bonus to skirmish battles.
- Crew with the Mirror Universe trait
These ships have an additional boost to their Hull
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
In the wake of a failed alliance between the Orion Syndicate and would-be-Empress Hoshi Sato, part of the Orion fleet has fallen into the hands of Mirror Culber and Mirror Scotty, who are now using it to enslave vulnerable alien populations throughout the galaxy. These two men must be stopped! The Orion Syndicate is a mysterious faction, however, their secrets unknown to outsiders--can you find a way to overcome your tactical disadvantages?
- Mirror Culber: "You're Federation. You're weak. So I know you don't want the casualties that will come if you try to stop this ship. Slaving is perfectly legal in the Terran Empire."
- Mirror Scotty: "Aye, and this is no ordinary ship. The Orion have many secrets, and their ships are more deadly than they appear. Folks are learning quickly. Now they see this barge, and immediately drop shields."
- Queen Po: "Ever since these two took what the Orion and Sato left behind, they've been enslaving whole species left and right. I'm used to being able to protect my people with my inventions, but I don't know much about Orion technology. I'm studying it, but I need time...."
- Mirror Scotty: "Shields down, hull breaches on three decks and counting... I'd say this barge is givin' you a we bit o' trouble, eh, Captain?"
- Mirror Culber: "Surrender now, and you and your crew can join us. Without pay, of course, like everyone else we're bringing on board."
- Choice A:
- Captain: "You've both been in this timeline long enough to know this is wrong."
- Mirror Culber: "I'm a Terran, and I know what that means, no matter what timeline or universe I'm in."
- Choice B:
- Captain: "How is a common Orion slaver's barge so powerful?"
- [Go to Mirror Scotty's reply, "That's the problem..."]
- Choice C:
- Captain: "Actually, that sounds great. Beam my security team aboard."
- Mirror Culber: "Terrans are bold and impulsive, but we're not idiots."
- Mirror Scotty: "That's the problem with you Federation types. You don't consider the possibilities, too frightened by what it might take to realize 'em."
- Queen Po: "I think I understand what he's saying... or not saying. Hold them off for a little while longer, Captain. I think I can bring this ship down."
- Queen Po: "The Orion barge has been disabled! And those two fools on board are now in Xahean custody. I will turn them over to you... after I am done questioning them."
- Queen Po: "Orion ships are deceptively powerful because they break all the rules of design. Their ships shouldn't be livable, or have any structural integrity... but they do. I think there's a lesson in there somewhere, that we can apply in a more sane way. Thanks to you, I'm free to try."