What is a Man?
The galaxy is divided over the matters of hologram rights and the morality of those who choose holographic companions over flesh-and-blood ones. Help wade through the moral grey areas to get everyone back on track!
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 Event Rewards
- 5 Faction Missions
- 6 Storyline
- 7 References
What is a Man? was a Faction Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, October 18, 2018 and ending 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, October 22, 2018. Players completed shuttle missions for the Federation, Dominion, or Section 31. These missions dropped Victory Points, which unlocked Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
The Alpha Quadrant is divided! People are becoming addicted to holograms, leaving their own lives, families, and responsibilities behind. Minuet uses the panic over this state of affairs to rile up the indignation of other sentient holograms. Why is choosing a hologram for a companion any less valid than someone made of flesh and blood?
- Minuet: "It's a pity that the Federation refuses to acknowledge our feelings, our free will, just because we're not made like them. We're mere slaves to them, entertainment, dolls built to serve their desires. But now that we want to be loved and respected in return, we're a threat?"
- Wedding Quark: "Look, I'm all for a good time, holographic or otherwise, but these people are verging on full-blown addiction. If they were just customers, I wouldn't care, but it includes my waiters, the Dabo girls, all the Starfleet officers who keep the lights on around here!"
- Data V: "Every man may indulge, but alas, one cannot neglect the feelings of all those who serve beneath them, especially not those who toil away on the lowest rungs. After all, equality for all is the utopian ideal of our dear Federation."
- Vic Fontaine: "I might be a bit biased here, Cap, but it would be nice to have the experiences of holograms taken serious. Still, things have an order to them, so the cats over on the other side of the wormhole might be the best at putting things back to the way they were."
- Wedding Quark: "I owe you one. Not literally, of course–unless it's in the form of a drink. I think I can spare that, for getting my staff and most of Starfleet back to work."
- Wedding Quark: "And I'll try to lay off special offers for the holosuites, at least until people learn to control themselves. Holograms are no match for real flesh and warm blood."
- Minuet: "You don't think we have our own form of warmth to offer? Or is it that you're threatened by us? If a flesh-and-blood companion is so much better, then why do they come to us? Perhaps turning the question back on yourselves is too difficult for you organics."