What Lies Beneath
The Xindi-Aquatic are in danger of extinction! The loss of the Xindi-Avian was tragedy enough; can you and Archer work together to save another Xindi species from disappearing forever?
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 BONUS Ships
- 5 Event Rewards
- 6 Storyline
- 7 References
What Lies Beneath was a Skirmish Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, May 13, 2021 and ending 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) Monday, May 17, 2021. Players completed groups of Space Battles to receive Victory Points, which unlocked Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest VP bonuses to skirmish battles.
All characters below give a lesser VP bonus to skirmish battles.
- Crew with the Exobiologist trait:
These ships have an additional boost to their Hull
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
The Xindi-Aquatic are in danger of extinction! They have been infiltrated by another aquatic species--the Antedians--who were hired to eliminate them. Who would want to wipe out the Xindi-Aquatics, and why? Intervene to protect this species as you work to identify the culprits!
- Xindi Prisoner Archer: "I know we have a complicated history with the Xindi--both in my time, and in the present. But they're an advanced, fascinating culture, and now they need our help."
- Xindi Prisoner Archer: "The Xindi-Aquatic are at war with the Antedians. They're at a serious disadvantage because while the Aquatics have to be in water to survive, the Antedians don't--they can surface and dive at will."
- Xindi Prisoner Archer: "The Xindi-Aquatic swear they did nothing to provoke the Antedians... and they have a history of being only the tools of aggression for others, anyway. If you can help the Xindi-Aquatic hold them off, I can keep digging into who would want the Xindi-Aquatic gone, and why."
- Xindi Prisoner Archer: "You've never found your fellow Xindi species particularly useful, Dolim. And you don't seem very interested in helping the Xindi-Aquatic now. Maybe you're the reason they're in trouble."
- Commander Dolim: "You give me too much and too little credit. Why should I hire the Antedians to wipe out the Xindi-Aquatic when I could call on the Dominion instead?"
- Choice A:
- Captain: "Because the Dominion wouldn't do your dirty work for you."
- Commander Dolim: "Hypothetically, no. But--also hypothetically--they have the resources to pay whomever would."
- Choice B:
- Captain: "Captain Archer, do you actually have any proof of this?"
- no additional dialogue, go to Archer's "I don't have any proof" line
- Choice C:
- Captain: "Treating this as an intellectual exercise screams guilty to me."
- Commander Dolim: "Not reacting as a human would proves nothing... except maybe biological superiority."
- Xindi Prisoner Archer: "I don't have any proof of this yet--besides everything I know about Dolim. He thinks his own species, the Xindi-Reptilian, are superior to the others, and finds the others just get in his way. If he found a way to commit genocide without actually having to do it, he would."
- Xindi Prisoner Archer: "The Xindi-Aquatic are manging to hold off the Antedians so far, with your help. I just need a little bit more time to find proof of Dolim's guilt to present to the rest of the Xindi species. We can do this, Captain."
- Xindi Prisoner Archer: "He hid them good, but I managed to dig up communications between Dolim's people and the Antedians--proof that they were hired to attack the Xindi-Aquatic. "
- Xindi Prisoner Archer: "Dolim's trying to weasel his way out of it, claiming he had no idea what his officers were up to, but the rest of the Xindi-Reptilian leadership has denounced him, and the Dominion are keeping their distance, too."
- Xindi Prisoner Archer: "The Antedians are in retreat, and the Xindi-Aquatic are safe, for the moment. Thank you, Captain. It's never a good thing for any species to go extinct. I keep hoping one of these anomalies will bring back a Xindi-Avian for me to meet... but luck never goes that way, does it?"