Where Nightmares Meet
Cadet Picard's abduction by a Borg cube sets the Federation on high alert. The Collective's insistence that these Borg are acting independently does little to ease suspicions and may lead to more division. Which path will you take to rescuing Picard?
- 1 Details
- 2 FEATURED Crew
- 3 BONUS Crew
- 4 Event Rewards
- 5 Phase 1, Faction Missions
- 6 Phase 2, Galaxy Missions
- 7 Storyline
- 8 References
Where Nightmares Meet was a Hybrid Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) Thursday, February 13, 2020. The event ended 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) on Monday, February 17, 2020.
The first phase functions as a Faction Event, with players completing shuttle missions for the Borg, the Romulans or the Dominion. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
The second phase is in the form of a Galaxy Event.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions and event recipes.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions and event recipes.
- Crew with the Astrophysicist trait
There are 4 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
- Community (Threshold) Rewards can be obtained by communal Victory Points .
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
Phase 1, Faction Missions
Where Nightmares Meet Phase 1 ran from February 13, 2020 (12:00 ET) to February 15, 2020 (12:00 ET).
Phase 2, Galaxy Missions
Where Nightmares Meet Phase 2 ran from February 15, 2020 (12:00 ET) to February 17, 2020 (12:00 ET).
|Traces in the Night||Track the abducted Picard with the compiled intel.||Borg Cube Tracking Data|
|All We Know
Collect any relevant data from the Collective.
|Mirror Universe, Astrophysicist (both)||Rations|
|Civilian, Gardener (both)||Colonial Insignia|
|Astrophysicist, Gardener (both)||Regulations|
Compile navigational data from Picard's shuttlecraft.
|Human, Federation (both)||Klingon Opera|
|Mirror Universe, Undercover Operative (both)||Holo-engineering|
|Bajoran, Changeling (both)||Deciphered Scrolls|
Cull data from scans of temporal anomalies.
|Bajoran, Desperate (both)||Holo-imager|
|Inspiring, Astrophysicist (both)||Simple Tools|
|Civilian, Federation (both)||Meditation Techniques|
Gather proof that the overall Collective was uninvolved.
|Desperate, Survivalist (both)||Gagh|
|Astrophysicist, Undercover Operative (both)||Ablative Armor|
|Astrophysicist, Federation (both)||Force Field Relay|
Research the relevant tenets of peace with the Borg.
|Changeling, Desperate (both)||Hygiene Protocol|
|Human, Civilian (both)||Genetic Research|
|What We Leave Behind
Recover the younger Picard's personal effects.
|Civilian, Astrophysicist (both)||Lie Detection Techniques|
|Federation, Undercover Operative (both)||Documentary Footage|
|Bajoran, Survivalist (both)||Laboratory Supplies|
Decode communications with the rogue Borg cube.
|Inspiring, Civilian (both)||Monitoring Device|
|Xenoanthropology, Federation (both)||Criminal Record|
|Cultural Figure, Gardener (both)||Riot Gear|
With young Picard captured by a Borg cube following his unfortunate appearance beyond the Neutral Zone, the galaxy is on high alert, particularly the Borg. They insist this cube is not acting at the behest of the Collective. But what does this subset of rogue drones want with the Young Picard? 
- Annika Hansen Seven: "Captain, I can assure you the abduction of Picard's younger self is as disconcerting for the Collective as it is for the Federation."
- Annika Hansen Seven: "The Collective has been unsuccessful in establishing contact with the derelict cube. They are fully committed to recovering the cube and any Starfleet personnel it might have seized."
- Mirror Burnham: "I trust that declaration as much as I trust a Romulan to cover my back. Spare us the diplomatic posturing. You couldn't have picked a more annoying Federation trait to assimilate."
- Stranded Odo: "Enough. Time is a luxury we do not have. With so many bitter rivalries set aside in the interest of finding the missing cube, surely you can bite your tongue long enough to do what needs to be done, Terran."
- Mirror Burnham: "It took you long enough to actually make headway, Captain, but I suppose you did manage to prove useful in the end."
- Annika Hansen Seven: "A picture is beginning to emerge of why they chose to pursue the young Picard. His influence is felt throughout the galaxy, so it feels only natural those intent on abducting him would be prepared to disappear so quickly."
- Choice A
- Captain: "Indeed. I doubt there is a Borg who does not know Locutus."
- Annika Hansen Seven: "True. Any drone would immediately recognize Locutus, who brought them such valuable insight and unfiltered access to the Federation. But beyond his utility, few Borg would concern themselves with his human identity as Picard. The Borg only care for that which they can use."
- Choice B
- Captain: "Yes. He is rather infamous among Romulans."
- Mirror Burnham: "Yes, and yet he insists on constantly meddling in their affairs long after they've made it clear his 'help' is not desired. His behavior smacks of Starfleet's standard superiority complex."
- Choice C
- Captain: "His service record is full of accounts of peaceful instances of first contact."
- Stranded Odo: "The Federation has made enough contact with other species by now to know that each species has its own idea of 'peaceful contact'. There are many who do not perceive Picard's efforts as peaceful."
- Stranded Odo: "We should move to find Picard as quickly as possible. There's no telling how many across the galaxy would jump at the chance to seize a Starfleet legend, even one in training."
- Annika Hansen Seven : "Your assistance is appreciated, Captain. As indefensible as I find the Borg's way of life, the Federation has committed to an alliance with them and I applaud your commitment to upholding that alliance."
- Admiral Picard : "It is a fragile peace, but I would be remiss if I did not extend my gratitude, both to you, Captain, and to the Collective. They have shown their commitment to recovering my younger self."
- Admiral Picard : "And yet, I cannot help but feel bitterness and apprehension. I am certain they intend to make my younger self assume the role of Locutus. To force him to relive my own personal hell. Recovering from that nightmare as a grown man was difficult enough, but he is still a boy..."